***Seminole County resident Daylight Savings Time irrigation schedule as of Sunday March 14th, 2021 until November Sunday November 7th, 2021***
- Residential customers with odd street addresses may irrigate on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Residential customers with even street addresses may irrigate on Thursday and Sunday.
- Non-residential customers may irrigate on Tuesday and Friday.
- Reclaimed water customers may irrigate two (2) times per week year round
- If you own an automatic lawn sprinkler system, you must have a rain sensor or switch installed to override the system when adequate rainfall occurs
NO WATERING PERMITTED BETWEEN 10 A.M. TO 4 P.M. ANYDAY
THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE MANDATORY IN SEMINOLE COUNTY AND INCLUDE THOSE ON PRIVATE WELLS OR LAKES, ETC.
If you see Watering Violations, click to report them!.
Irrigation may be done at any time with a hand-held hose provided it is fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle. This applies to all sources of irrigation water.
Please note: If you are replacing sod and need to irrigate more than the restrictions allow, you must mail, email or deliver your current receipt for sod to:
Water Conservation Section
500 W. Lake Mary Blvd.
Sanford, FL. 32773
After receiving the receipt for sod or landscape material, you may be given permission to irrigate for an additional 30 days.
(houses, duplexes, apartments)
(commercial businesses, industrial businesses, schools, churches, and Homeowners Association entryways and common areas)
PRINTABLE WATERING REMINDER (PDF) [117KB]
Print a friendly reminder of when your watering days are - two sizes allow you to post the reminder wherever you find it the most useful.
WHO DO THESE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO?
Everyone in Seminole County who uses water for lawn and landscape irrigation, regardless of whether the water comes from a private well, surface water, or a water supply utility.
Seminole County does have additional restrictions beyond the , so follow the restrictions below.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS?
- Irrigation is permitted any time with a hand-held garden hose provided it is fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Newly planted landscaping may be irrigated any day between the hours of 4:00 PM and 10:00 AM for the first 30 days following installation.
- Personal vehicle washing must be done using a hand-held hose fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
WHY DO WE HAVE WATERING RESTRICTIONS?
Xổ số của Longan tuần trướcThe high quality groundwater that provides our drinking water is one of our most valuable natural resources. The population of Seminole County continues to grow, and we may not be able to continue using water the way we do now without creating environmental and financial impacts. Learning to use less water today is the best and least expensive way to avoid possible problems in the future.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Xổ số của Longan tuần trướcCall the Water Conservation Coordinator @407-665-2121 with any water conservation questions that you may have.
HOW ARE THE RESTRICTIONS ENFORCED?
- Water Conservation Ordinance #2009-24 (PDF) [685KB]
Enacted by the Board of County Commissioners on July 28, 2009, this amended Ordinance allows the County to enforce established watering days. The Ordinance is County-wide and does include all water sources (reclaimed, lakes, wells, etc.)
- Seminole County code enforcement officers report observations of watering violations to the Water Conservation Coordinator. Violators receive a letter with a notification of a warning or a fine.
- If you have received a warning or fine and have installed new landscaping material within 30 days, please mail or fax a copy of a receipt, invoice, or other proof that includes the date of installation.
- If you have received a warning or fine that you believe is in error for another reason please call us at 407-665-2121.
- If you observe a watering violation, please note the address, date, time of day, and any other important information and call 407-665-2121.